- We’re developing an IT operations team that will handle production deployments & we need the Dev Ops person to setup the deployments and document and work with the IT team (none of the development team will have access to the production environments)
- There are a lot of technologies (and challenges) to work on: AWS Beanstalk (using docker), ElastiCache (memcache/redis), RDS, Route 53 (DNS), SQS, SES, etc
- We’re using:
- A combination of GitHub and BitBucket
- TravisCI (but we don’t like it from an environment/package deployment perspective so would be looking at the new hire to come in and help us setup)
- MongoDB and will likely be bringing in other NoSQL and big data platforms, so knowledge of how to setup and manage Mongo in a standalone environment would be good
- We need someone to help us manage our Git repo and branching strategy.
We're looking for someone ...
- Mostly doing PHP and Node.js for backend and web services
- Having experience of DevOps on mobile platforms would be a big plus
- Do automated build/packages as well as automating the unit and functional testing
- Deployment will be on AWS into the development environments.
- This will really be a combination of someone with experience setting up & managing development/testing environments and automated CI/CD environments.
- Having basic understanding of how to secure systems would be good