The most critical skill we are looking for in this role is good written and verbal communication abilities in English.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in SQL Server database administration and experience using Team City, Octopus, and Azure as a DevOps.
This individual will be required to learn about and become an expert in our applications, our databases and our deployment systems. This role requires the candidate to have a high capacity for learning new things and excellent problem solving skills, in addition to be willing to research and resolve data and data processing problems.
This resource would also support the development and QA groups by managing access to systems, environment management (Dev, QA and Production systems), identifying and supporting the development group with knowledge concerning data related issues, and managing application deployment activities (for example, blue/green deployments).
We are a Microsoft-centric enterprise focused on writing software, in the long term, to be serverless in the Azure Cloud, therefore any Azure experience will be a big plus for a candidate.
SQL SERVER DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR DUTIES
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure performance, availability, and security.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- 7+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Experience being responsible for many hundreds or thousands of databases.
- Experience with backup and restore Recovery Models.
- Experience with Azure or AWS Storage a plus.
- Experience across SQL Server versions – specifically SQL Server 2008 R2 to 2016.
- Exposure to Azure SQL a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Maintain windows servers at the OS-level, and applications at the Application Server-level.
- Configure and maintain Azure resources via the Azure Portal.
- Manage automated software deployment using Git, Team city, and Octopus to Development, QA and Production systems.
- Monitor application insights in Azure to identify bugs or production issues from recently released software.
- Resolve system outages and maintain production availability when required.
- 4+ years general experience required.
- Understands core web networking principles (DNS, TCP/IP protocol).
- Basic understanding of HTTP protocol, how requests are completed, and how to diagnose connectivity errors.
- Basic understanding of load balancers, concept of web farms.
- Basic understanding of virtualization and/or containerization.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Opportunity to travel to client sites in the Silicon Valley and other interesting locations
- Competitive salary
- Annual salary review
- 13-month salary
- Project bonus + overtime salary
- Five working days per week
- Social insurance contribution according to high salary
- Excellent Benefits: holiday bonus, birthday gift, team building, health care examination, big annual year-end party every year, sport activities, …
- Dynamic and comfortable working environment.