ZALORA Engineering is looking for a Technical Writer.
A Technical Writer communicates complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a Technical Writer, your role involves tasks such as writing product guides and conceptual overviews, or codifying the undocumented processes in the engineering team. The Technical Writer is the key link between the various engineering teams, marketing, as well as our external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the ZALORA ecosystem.
As a Technical Writer at ZALORA, you will be pioneering the productization of ZALORA’s diverse suite of software services and APIs. This effort is critical for the next phase of ZALORA’s engineering organization, where we seek to level up our alignment with our users, both internal and external. You will communicate with our talented developers through conceptual documentation, detailed developer and user guides, API references, and other online materials. You might have a background as a developer, and write as a hobby; or perhaps you’re an experienced communicator who loves digging deep into code. One thing is for certain – you are passionate about helping developers do amazing things.
At ZALORA Engineering, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest technical and organizational challenges and make an impact on millions of users.
- Write technical documentation for our internal developer audience, such as developer guides.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new developer products and APIs.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS; proficiency in a UNIX environment.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Macs are provided
- Free Gym membership
- 15 days annual leave
- English classes in the office
- 24/7 social & medical insurance (AON insurance)
- 13th month salary
- Yearly performance bonus (up to 2 months)
- Opportunity to gain exposure working in 6 Southeast Asian markets
- A comfortable and productive working environment, complete with fun distractions such as ping pong, foosball, PS4 and more