- – Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- – Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counselingmanagers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- – Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- – Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations;preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, andimplementing pay structure revisions.
- – Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach anddiscipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolvingemployee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- – Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefitneeds and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefitclaims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conductingeducational programs on benefit programs.
- – Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and staterequirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- – Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies andprocedures.
- – Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professionalpublications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- – Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- – Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring,and appraising job results.
- – Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timelymanner
- – Must possess strong interpersonal skills- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, membersof the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- – Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner,and skillfully gather and analyze information
- – Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- – Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- – Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able toimprove performance through management feedback