- Define the user experience of our mobile digital products and applications by developing user interface wireframes, page / task flow analysis, concept mapping, site mapping, navigation and information architecture flows, UI designs and proof-of-concepts that engage and delight the end user.Collaborate with user researchers to validate and test your ideas with end-users.
- Collaborate with marketing, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling designs that satisfy user goals and enhance learning and teaching.
- Evangelize the role of user experience design across the company..
- Make user experience design recommendations based on usability standards and industry best practices.
- Contribute to the corporate UX design standards and framework.
- Mentor junior staff on interaction design principles and processes.
- Successfully present your designs to a cross functional product team to elicit constructive feedback and actively participate in others’ design reviews.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Visual Design, Graphics Design, HCI, Interaction Design or related discipline required.
- At least 5- 8+ years’ experience designing for the Android or iOS mobile space in a technology-centered company; preferably the medical devices industry.
- Experience designing for tablets and smartphone.
- Expert in common design tools such as Sketch App, Axure for wire framing, prototyping and design, Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, MS Office, Visio, etc.
- Solid visual and interaction design skills.
- Ability to successfully design for and work in an Agile software development environment; knowledge of tools such as Fogbugz, Kanbanary, etc.
- Fluent in usability standards and design heuristics and responsive design techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others across the organization.
- Familiarity with user-centered research, such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews.
- Embody the work ethic and personality that thrives in a fast-paced culture with tight deadlines, shifting priorities, and working with super-smart colleagues from numerous departments and locations.