You’ll be working on all aspects of our product and platform: from front-end visualizations, implementing scalable, data-heavy features, helping customers with their complex SQL, to managing our servers that processed thousands of heavy jobs every day.
- Design and implement our features from both backend logic to frontend interactions
- Build back-end components that deal with data movement and logic.
Some Cool Things We’ve Done/You Might Do:
- Build an in-house background job queue system using just PostgreSQL and Ruby
- Design and build a generic data connector that works with all major databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Redshift, BigQuery, etc)
- Build an Excel-like Pivot Table interface for slicing and dicing of data
- Build a cohort/retention analysis color-coding table (think Mixpanel/kissmetrics)
- Strong problem solving (most important)
- Experiences with Ruby on Rails/Ruby is a plus
- Have at least 1 year of experiences in Software Development
- Some experiences with Rails, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLs, Vue.js, ES6
- Good English communication skill (reading and writing)
- Both senior and junior positions are welcome
What We Look For In You
- Problem Solving: You don’t just write code based on requirements, you debate the requirements with us.
- Coding: You write good code, you’ve written code that handle a lot of load, and you enjoy optimizing and refactoring your code to make it faster
- Culture & Mindset: You’re a team player; you understand how it’s like working for a startup – doing anything and everything needed (from writing blog posts, to help customers with their data problem)
- Tech Stack: we use Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, Vue.js, ES6 and a lot of SQLs. It’s great if you know these, but it’s not a big deal. We’re confident you’ll pick these up quickly on the job.
Basically you will not just implement features based on a task list. We need your original ideas, creativity and critical thinking skills to help us build a great data platform.
- Compensation: $800-$1300
- 13th month-salary; Performance review twice a year
- Shares (Stock Options) for high-contributing individuals
- Workstation provided for maximal productivity: Macbook (or Laptop), Leopold FC750R mechanical keyboard, Razer Abyssus V2 computer mouse, 24’ Ultrasharp Monitor
- 24/7 Healthcare Insurance; 14 Annual Leaves/Year
- Active and agile working environment; Weekly happy hours, fruits, snack;
- Weekly TED talks to expand skills and knowledge, games and social sport activities with company; Company trip and company-organized events.
- An Opportunity to work with top-notch experts from around the world.