Our partner is a global leader in mobile games, providing casual gaming experiences for millions of players around the world. Founded in 2018, the team is known for its creative excellence and technological innovation in improving and developing hyper casual mobile games including improving the Marketability of games, driving user Acquisition, improving the Retention and Monetization of hyper casual games–our MARMalade
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be helping create a game platform that developers use to develop and publish games played by millions of people all over the world. You will be working with both external developers all over the world, and side-by-side with a leading development team in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. You will be working on highly scalable solutions, used by millions of people and will solve complex problems including challenges like scalability, high availability, performance, optimization & automation. You will use best-in-class services and technologies and will contribute to improve the technical stack. You will be part of a small and high performing team, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with other teams working on machine learning, big data, mobile games, product & marketing. You will have the opportunity to grow your skills and will have time to learn new ones.
- Work side-by-side with the CTO to create highly scalable products.
- Build, test, deploy and maintain low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications without close supervision.
- Own features from initial discussions through release, and develop new skills to get them done.
- Balance long term code health and maintainability with business needs.
- Participate in feature estimation and scoping.
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope.
- 4+ years’ experience working on building large scale backend applications.
- 2+ years of experience developing Node.js applications.
- 2+ years’ experience working with AWS.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (such as but not limited to PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB).
- Experiences with cache system like Redis and Memcached.
- API design experience.
- Experience with high traffic and distributed systems architectures.
- Experience with Promises, ES6, Express, Stream, Mocha, NPM.
- Experience with microservices architecture is a plus.
- Familiarity with services & technologies used in our Stack (see below).
Preference may be given to candidates who possess the following
- AWS Cloud Services: VPC, EC2, AutoScalingGroup, Route53, Lambda, API Gateway, Cloudfront, ALB, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, CloudWatch, EMR, ElasticBeanstalk, ElasticSearch, CloudFormation, SNS, SQS, SES.
- Ops: Jenkins, Git (Github/Bitbucket), AWS CLI, Microservices architecture, Continuous delivery.
- Database: SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB).
- Cache: Redis, Memcached.
- Software Programming: Node.js, Spark, Scala.
- Mobile: iOS, Android, Unity, Calaba.sh, AWS Device Farm.
- Productivity: Trello, Jira, Drive, Slack, Agile development.
- Catered Lunches.
- Fully Stocked Kitchens.
- Company Happy Hours & Events (ex. Happy Hours, Game Nights, Outings).
- Paid Classes.
- Gym Membership.
- Private Health Insurance.
- And Much More!